CIF Licence No. 231/14
(Regulated by the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission)
Coverdeal Holdings Ltd (hereinafter, the “Company”) has established a Leverage Policy (hereinafter, the “Policy”). The Policy is in accordance with the requirements of:
- Circular C168 of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission concerning the updated version of ESMA Q&A document relating to the provision of CFDs and other speculative products to retail investors under MiFID,
- The question and answer 1 of Section 8 of ESMA/2016/1165 relating to the provision of CFDs and other speculative products to retail investors under MiFID.
The purpose of this Policy is to determine the default leverage granted to the Company’s clients and identify, under which conditions, clients may be granted higher leverage than the default.
Clients, who have been classified as “retail clients” upon establishing a business relationship with the Company shall be granted by default leverage of 1:50, unless provided otherwise in section 2.2.1 below. In addition retail clients may never lose more funds than those deposited in their trading account (i.e. negative balance protection).
Clients who have been subjected to the appropriateness test and the Company has assessed that the financial instruments and investment services it offers are appropriate for them may be given the option to increase their leverage up to a maximum of:
- 1: 100 for CFDs. For further details refer to the Company’s website.
- 1: 200 for FX. For further details refer to the Company’s website.
- 1: 100 for commodities. For further details refer to the Company’s website.
- 1: 100 for indices. For further details refer to the Company’s website.
- 1: 100 for Bonds.
- 1:10 for stocks. For further details refer to the Company’s website.
- 1:5 for CFD’s Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
When the client decides to increase its leverage the Company shall provide the client with a relevant risk warning of the risks of using higher leverage.
The maximum leverage for retail clients residing in Poland should not exceed the cap of 1:100.
The maximum leverage for retail clients residing in Malta should not exceed the cap of 1:50
In addition, the stop out level for the said clients shall be 20%.
Clients who have been subjected to the appropriateness test and the Company has assessed that the financial instruments and investment services it offers are not appropriate for them shall not be allowed to trade on Live account but only on Demo account and will have to complete 30 trades in 2 weeks in order to upgrade to Live account and shall not increase leverage beyond:
- 1: 50 for CFDs/ indices/ commodities/ bonds.
- 1: 50 for FX.
- 1: 10 for stocks.
The Company has assessed a multitude of factors in establishing the maximum leverage thresholds for each category of underlying instruments. Such factors include inter alia the volatility over a period of time of each instrument, the prevailing regulatory framework and the Company’s own experience with clients.
In addition, the stop out level for the said clients shall be 20%.
Further to the above, the aforesaid clients may apply to the Company via email requesting to be allowed to increase leverage beyond the levels set in the aforesaid paragraph up to the maximum levels stated in paragraph 2.2.1. The Company shall increase the leverage of the said clients in case where all the following apply, cumulatively:
- Clients must have been registered with the Company for at least 6 months;
- Clients must have conducted with the Company at least 50 trades and at least 2 trades per trimester;
- Clients who have conducted the 50 trades in a time frame less than 3 months from the date of registration shall not be considered experienced enough to increase their maximum leverage. These clients shall be required to conduct at least 6 trades (on any instrument) for an additional trimester;
- Upon the clients’ application to increase the leverage, the Company shall warn the clients again that, based on the answers given during the assessment of appropriateness, the financial products and investment services offered by the Company may not be appropriate for them.
- The clients will confirm in writing that they understand and accept the Company’s warning but nevertheless they wish to increase the leverage.
Clients shall be able to adjust the leverage at any point of time, under the provision that they do not have any open positions. In such an event, the Company shall notify the said clients that the adjustment of leverage will be effected after all open positions are closed, given that lowering the leverage when positions are open may result in a client losing his funds due to insufficient margin to sustain his position.
The maximum leverage the Company will offer shall be determined by the Risk Manager in coordination with the Compliance Function after his/her suggestion to the Board of Directors who shall either approve or reject (in either case justify their decision) the Risk Manager’s suggestions. The Risk Manager when setting the maximum leverage to be provided to clients shall take into account the following factors:
- The capital base and financial strength of the Company;
- The Risk Appetite of the Company;
- The Robust nature of the Company’s risk management systems/procedures/policies;
- The asset class and instrument characteristics including but not limited to: liquidity and trading volumes, volatility and standard deviation, market cap, country of issuer, hedging capabilities, general economic climate and geopolitical events;
- The input of the Compliance Officer.
The Risk Manager shall perform regular reviews (at least annually) of the maximum leverage offered to Clients by reconsidering the abovementioned factors. The Risk Manager shall, where appropriate suggest to the Board of Directors to change the maximum leverage on offer who shall either approve or reject (in either case justify their decision) the Risk Manager’s suggestion.
Your default leverage will be 1:50. Depending on your knowledge and experience, you may request leverage as high as 1:200. You can also request a lower leverage of 1:25. Residents of the Republic of Poland may have maximum leverage of 1:100.
Our leverage ratios across the asset classes of Foreign Exchange (“FX”), Commodities, Indices, Shares, ETFs and Bonds, (“asset classes”, “assets”, “instruments” or “products”) can be found on the table below. Note that in line with our Terms and Conditions, leverage ratios are set based on our own internal leverage policy, subject to regulatory requirements and / or ceilings.
*SWAP charges: Wednesday SWAP charge is x1 swap, Friday SWAP charge is x3 swap
Globtrex.com is a domain operated by Coverdeal Holdings Limited which is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) to offer the investment service of reception and transmission and the ancillary services of granting credits or loans to clients and foreign exchange services in connection with the provision of investment services. Coverdeal is regulated under the Cyprus Investment Firms Law (Law 144(I)/2007).
Globtrex.com belongs to Coverdeal Holdings Ltd, CySEC license number 231/14, Kristelina Tower, 12 Arch. Makarios III Avenue, Office 201, 2nd Floor,, Mesa Geitonia, 4000, Limassol, Cyprus
Risk Warning: Trading Foreign Exchange and Contracts for Differences is highly speculative, carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. You may sustain a loss of some or all of your invested capital, therefore, you should not speculate with capital that you cannot afford to lose. Please ensure that you fully understand our Risk Disclaimer.